This article explains the best way to make changes to an optimization that's already live.
When working with a live experiment, it is important to ensure you are working with the latest metamodel version (.yml file). Metamodels stored outside of the Manager, such as in a Git repo, are not guaranteed to be up-to-date.
Follow the process below to ensure you are working with the latest metamodel
- Export the latest metamodel (.yml) file from the Live tab in the Manager.
- Use the Web Editor to make code changes using the exported .yml file.
- Send the updated metamodel to be QA'd in the Web Editor.
- If QA passes - go to the next step.
- If QA fails - return to step 2.
- Upload the changed metamodel in Draft in the Manager.
- Note: You will only be alerted to variant changes; context changes are accepted with no warning.
- Check that the changes you made have been correctly applied.
- Use the Advanced toggle to see the "diff" view to check the code line by line.
- Only repair variants if it's safe to do so.
- Consult your customer team if you're unsure whether to repair a variant or not.
- See Feature: Variant Repair for more information on repairing variants.