This article describes how to use geo-targeting to personalize your digital experience
Evolv AI captures various geography-based user attributes based on their browser data. You can use these attributes to define project audiences and target variables to people in specific locations.
Table of Contents
- What geo attributes can I use?
- Using geo-targeting in personalized variables
- Using geo-targeting in audiences
What geo attributes can I use?
The geo properties collected by Evolv AI are based on AWS CloudFront request headers. Here is the complete list of properties available.
|Geo Property||Example Value|
Here's how it looks in the remote context.
Using geo-targeting in personalized variables
You can personalize variables in a project by targeting them to a subset of your project audience.
- Open the Evolv AI Manager and select your project.
- While on the Draft tab, go to the Variants page.
- Click on a Variable to open the side panel.
- Select the TARGETING tab, ADD CRITERIA, and choose the Custom Attribute option.
- Enter the relevant geo key. For example, "geo.postal" if you want to use the postal/zip code.
- Click SAVE when you're done, and move the changes to live.
Using geo-targeting in audiences
The use of custom attributes in audiences requires a change to the schema.
- Add the geo attribute to the schema.
- If you're targeting the user's postal code, set the source_field to "geo.postal" and likewise for other geo attributes.
- Once you've added the attribute to the schema, use the attribute to define a custom audience.
You now have a project audience that targets users in a specific location. Explore other geo attributes to find the right targeting option for you.