Evolv AI lets you set a target allocation for a variant. This acts as a feature flag, allowing you to scale up or down the percentage of visitors that will see an idea.
On this page:
- Set the allocation for a variant
- Important things to remember
Set the allocation for a variant
The ability to set a variant's target allocation is automatically available to all Evolv AI accounts.
- Open the Evolv AI Manager and select a project.
- Make sure you're on the LIVE tab.
- Select the Variants option from the side navigation.
- Scroll down to find the Organization of Variables tree.
- Click on a variable to open the side panel.
- Click the options menu (the three dots) next to a variant and select the Allocation option.
- Set the allocation target and click the tick icon to save.
- To remove the allocation, click the options menu and select Remove Allocation.
Target allocations appear in the Performance of Variants list after reloading the page. This provides the allocation information at a glance.
Important things to remember
The allocation value is a "target"
The actual percentage will differ until the system has a chance to create or remove combinations. You can see the actual vs. target percentage in the Performance of Variants as per the above screenshot.
The allocation only works in the Optimization phase
The Optimization phase is where the system actively removes and generates combinations, allowing it to match the target allocation.