This article explains how to test the configuration of a context.
Validating the project context against the path/domain matching rules is critical. Otherwise, visitors will never enter the experiment and the candidates will not be seen.
You also run the risk of running the experiment on more pages than you intended, leading to an increase in visitors (and subsequently a lower conversion rate), as well as having variants potentially render where they shouldn't.
How to test a context
- In the top right corner of the Web Editor, select the menu and change to QA Mode.
- URL Field/Dropdown: above the Preview Window enter a URL or select a Context Reference URL from the dropdown.
- Status Indicator: in the left panel observe if the Status Indicator (the globe icon) next to the context name is red or green. Green means the context, path and domain match and the context is valid.
- Repeat steps 2 & 3 by returning to the URL Field/Dropdown and selecting a different context, or just navigating around the site. Then review the Status Indicator in the left panel.
- The Status Indicator will always test the currently loaded URL
- Note that multiple reference URLs can be added to a context.