This article explains how to check that events are firing when expected using the Web Editor.
There is a sequence of events that occur in every optimization. Custom events are one these events and they can be monitored in the Web Editor to ensure that they are firing when expected.
Steps to monitor an event in the Web Editor
- Open the Web Editor and select QA Mode from the top-right dropdown.
- Select DEVELOPER TOOLS from below the URL bar and go to the Console.
- Select the variants or combinations you want to test and press the play button to load the page and activate the variants.
- The first event you see is the Confirmation event. This means you have successfully been confirmed into the experiment.
- Custom events will appear when triggered.