This article explains how to create screenshots of variants in the Web Editor.
Taking a screenshot is one of the features in the Web Editor that allows your work on variants to be reviewed by other users. Those other users may not have the Web Editor installed but still need to review variants or combinations for adherence to the spec.
How to take a screenshot
- Open the Web Editor.
- In the upper right corner, click on the account icon and log in.
Switch to QA mode.
- Select one or more variants from the combination list, then click the Play icon.
The changes will render in the Preview window.
Click on the Variant Screenshot label directly above the Preview window to save the screenshot.
- Save to project: Links the variant to the metamodel (the .yml file). The screenshot is uploaded separate to the .yml file and will be available in the Manager after you import the project.
- Save to project & your device: Also saves a copy of the image to your computer.
- To review the screenshots, switch to the Screenshot tab above the Combinations panel.
- All saved screenshots will be indicated by a green screenshot icon.