This article reviews the Evolv AI session context and how it’s used to collect data used in targeting and performance analysis.
Table of Contents
- The Evolv session context
- Setting context attributes from your digital experience
- Using context attributes in audience targeting and optimization metrics
- Accessing the Evolv Al context from your browser
The Evolv AI session context
The Evolv AI's session context is a set of data attributes used to describe a user in a given session. Attribute values are set to the context through Evolv AI’s supported SDKs. The context is then sent to Evolv AI’s Participants API and processed according to schema definitions.
To learn how the system receives data from the context, read About the Schema.
Setting context attributes from your digital experience
You can write to Evolv AI’s context from your digital experience using one or more of our supported SDKs.
Set the campaign name of an ad source
Set value of an ecommerce order
Set the status of a visitor
Using context attributes in audience targeting and optimization metrics
The data set to the context can be used in two ways:
- Targeting visitors based on their context attributes, e.g. cart_age, return_status
Learn more: Targeting audiences with context attributes
- Optimizing numeric attributes e.g. order_value, video_minutes_watched
Learn more: Optimizing the value of context attributes
Accessing the Evolv AI session context from your browser
Reviewing the context can help you understand what’s being set and troubleshoot issues with your implementation.
- Open the developer tools in your browser and select the Console tab.
- Enter the following code in the Console to access the remote context.
Learn more: Viewing the session context in a browser