A redirect is when you send someone to an alternative page for a different experience. The Evolv AI Web Editor supports a redirect variant type to make it easy to implement URL split tests into your optimization.
On this page:
Why use a redirect?
URL split tests are standard when it comes to website optimization. They're used when you want to test sending a portion of traffic to a different page to see how it affects the user experience.
Traditional AB testing tools let you run a split test on its own, where you define a landing page, and various redirect URLs as variants. But what if a redirect is only part of what you want to test?
Evolv AI lets you continue running all your ideas simultaneously, including redirects.
How to create a redirect variant
- Open your project or create a new project in the Web Editor.
- Hover the mouse over the variable where you want to add the redirect variant.
- Create a new variable if you don't have one already.
- Click the plus icon and select Add Redirect Variant.
- You can rename the variant if you choose to.
- The URL Redirect panel will open to the right of the Web Editor.
- Enter the target URL into the field provided.
- You can enter the full URL or a pathname like "/new-page".
- The pathname is relative to the root domain.
- Press the play icon to run the redirect.